Tuesday, March 14, 2006

There is no one quite as zealous as a new convert, the friend I talked about switching to linux in my last post has continued to make progress, though frustrated by some driver issues, the ATI drivers aren't all they could be, he only has basic mouse functions on his 6 button laser mouse, two button plus wheel due to not yet supported, and while some functions on his ATI remote wonder are working I have yet to figure out how to configure the rest, he is now living in Linux full time. This weekend I helped him add a second distro on a second partition, Ubuntu, he perfers Kubuntu but all things take time. Friday night I'm going to bring over Kororaa XGL for him to play with, he has an ATI 9600+ so the eye candy should be awesome. More updates to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home